Centre of Operations of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
Place of work
- Dubravska cesta, Karlova Ves, Bratislava
- Work from home possible on individual basis
Part-time (full time contract may be negotiated by combining the job with additional work responsibilities)
ASAP, September 1, 2022
Wage (gross) 2 000 – 2 600 EUR/month. According to Act no. 553/2003 Z.z. wage consists of two components: contractual wage based on the years of experience is 723.50 EUR + personal evaluation.
We are looking for a new colleague to work with us on the Slovak AI Digital Innovation Hub project. The focus of this job will be training and education activities in the AI/ML field. You would be involved in planning, design and implementation of a training programme aimed to increase knowledge and competence level of Slovak enterprises and public institutions in the AI/ML field. If you like teaching, are a skilled programmer and AI/ML is your area of expertise, get in touch and join our team!
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Teaching and educational activities (existing courses according to the current curricula) in online and F2F format.
- Planning, design and implementation of new IT courses focusing on AI/ML.
- Development of new educational materials on different levels of student competence (audiovisual, self-paced,…).
- Design and realization of AI/ML focused workshops.
About the project:
The Slovak AI Digital Innovation Hub (SKAI-eDIH) is a nation-wide ecosystem coordinated by the Kempelen Institute of Intelligent Technologies in close collaboration with CIVITTA Slovakia, Slovak Alliance for Innovation Economy and Center of Operations of the Slovak Academy of Sciences. The project runs under the Digital Europe Programme.
Project start date: September 1, 2022
Project duration: 3 years with potential for the follow up 2 years project (as planned by European Commission)
Project outline: Through a portfolio of free services for SMEs, Industry and public sector we aim to accelerate innovation in Slovakia, specifically in the field of artificial intelligence. To this end, we promote AI tools and techniques and their use in various areas. Within the “test before invest” services portfolio we assess, advise, design, develop and implement AI based solutions. The CSČ SAV is also involved in the task related to training and skills development.
- Flexible working hours, home office.
- Pleasant working environment, friendly and helpful team.
- 37.5 working hours per week.
- One week of holiday over the legal limit.
- Paid sick leave over the legal limit.
- Seven days set aside per doctor’s visit per year.
- Discount on accommodation for employees from distant regions.
- Meal allowance.
- Drinking regime at the office.
- SIM card.
- Business laptop / computer as required.
Candidates’ education suitable for the position:
University education (Master’s degree) / Postgraduate (Doctorate)
University degree in: Information Technologies, Mathematics, Life sciences (Physics, Theoretical chemistry) or related engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of basic ML methods, natural language processing and advanced statistical techniques.
- Good knowledge of neural networks and deep learning.
- Working with neural networks (TensorFlow, Keras).
- Working with scripting languages (Python, Bash).
- Working with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark) and (No) SQL databases.
- Knowledge of verbal and written English.
- Basic experience with teaching.
- Basic experience with teaching
Skills should be demonstrated by work experience or output from projects (e.g. diploma thesis / dissertation), hackathons and contributions to open-source development, etc.
The position is suitable for a graduate, but the candidate should demonstrate experience in the field that he / she has acquired during his / her studies. At least some experience with teaching will be considered an advantage.
- Proactive and responsible approach to work.
- Independence, communicativeness.
- Desire to learn and progress, willingness to participate on workshops, conferences.
- Information about the selection process.
In an effort to strengthen the presence of female workers in the STEM areas, the COO SAS invites women to apply for this job opening. Full-time positions may in general be turned into part-time positions. Disabled people will have priority as long as equally qualified.
If you are interested in the position, send us your curriculum vitae, motivational letter and references, if possible. Selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
E-mail: send CV