National Supercomputing Centre (NSCC)
Place of work
- Dubravska cesta, Karlova Ves, Bratislava
- Work from home possible on individual basis
Full-time, Part-time, Perfomance Contract
Wage (gross) 2 600 EUR/month.
We are looking for an AI/Python developer to work with us on the National Competence Centre project.
You would be involved in supporting clients using supercomputer / HPC technologies with a focus on the use of machine / deep learning algorithms. If you like working on interesting challenges and real-life projects in diverse areas, are a skilled Python programmer with experience in AI/ML, we would like to meet you!
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Communication with clients, initial assessment of needs and requirements.
- Proposal of project design and implementation plan including pertinent tools and technologies.
- Research, solution development and implementation.
- Design and optimization of ML models, analysis of results.
- Continuous skills development.
- Training and support according to the client’s needs.
Project outline: Within the EuroCC project we operate the National competence centre for HPC as a first point of contact for supercomputing services and opportunities on a national level. We support adoption of high performance computing and provide free services to SMEs, academia and public administration, including facilitation of access, collaboration on R&D projects, consulting and training.
Project start date: September 1, 2020
Project duration: Project activities run under EuroCC 1 and later on EuroCC 2 project until 2025.
- Flexible working hours, home office.
- Pleasant working environment, friendly and helpful team.
- 37.5 working hours per week.
- Business laptop / computer as required.
Candidates’ education suitable for the position:
University education (Master’s degree) / Postgraduate (Doctorate)
University degree in: Information Technologies, Mathematics, Life sciences (Physics, Theoretical chemistry) or related engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of basic ML methods, natural language processing and advanced statistical techniques.
- Good knowledge of neural networks and deep learning.
- Working with neural networks (TensorFlow, Keras).
- Working with scripting languages (Python, Bash).
- Working with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark) and (No) SQL databases.
- Knowledge of verbal and written English.
Skills should be demonstrated by work experience or output from projects (e.g. diploma thesis / dissertation), hackathons and contributions to open-source development, etc.
The position is suitable for a graduate, but the candidate should demonstrate experience in the field that he / she has acquired during his / her studies.
- Proactive and responsible approach to work.
- Independence, communicativeness.
- Desire to learn and progress, willingness to participate on workshops, conferences.
If you are interested in the position, send us your curriculum vitae, motivational letter and references (optional) in Slovak language. We are thankful to all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
In an effort to strengthen the presence of female workers in the STEM areas, NSCC invites women to apply for this job opening. Full-time positions may in general be turned into part-time positions. Disabled people will have priority as long as equally qualified.
If you meet the requirements, send us your curriculum vitae, motivational letter and references, if possible. Selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
E-mail: send CV