Centre of Operations of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
Place of work
Dubravska cesta, Karlova Ves, Bratislava
Wage (gross) 1 500 – 2 000 EUR/month. According to Act no. 553/2003 Z.z. wage consists of two components: contractual wage based on the years of experience is 723.50 EUR + personal evaluation. The final salary depends on the experience and abilities of the candidate and can range from 1500 to 2000.- Eur.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
We are looking for a new colleague who will be a part of our hardworking and friendly team at the National Competence Center for High-Performance Computing. The job position is suitable for the graduate. Our new colleague be involved in supporting clients using supercomputer / HPC technologies with a focus on the use of machine / deep learning algorithms, such as:
- Communicating with users and an analyzing their requests.
- Proposing suitable tools for solving users’ problems.
- Implementing pilot applications.
- Providing training and users’ support.
- Flexible working hours, home office.
- Pleasant working environment, friendly and helpful team.
- 37.5 working hours per week.
- One week of holiday over the legal limit.
- Paid sick leave over the legal limit.
- Seven days set aside per doctor's visit per year.
- Discount on accommodation for employees from distant regions.
- Meal allowance.
- Drinking regime at the office.
- SIM card.
- Business laptop / computer as required.
Candidates’ education suitable for the position:
University education (Master's degree) / Postgraduate (Doctorate)
University degree in
Information Technologies, Mathematics, Life sciences (Physics, Theoretical chemistry) or related engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of basic ML methods, natural language processing and advanced statistical techniques.
- Good knowledge of neural networks and deep learning.
- Working with neural networks (TensorFlow, Keras).
- Working with scripting languages (Python, Bash).
- Working with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark) and (No) SQL databases.
- Knowledge of verbal and written English.
Skills should be demonstrated by work experience or output from projects (e.g. diploma thesis / dissertation), hackathons and contributions to open-source development, etc.
The candidate should demonstrate experience in the field that he / she could have acquired during his / her studies.
- Proactive and responsible approach to work.
- Independence, communicativeness.
- Desire to learn and progress, willingness to participate on workshops, conferences.
Information about the selection process
If you meet the requirements, send us your curriculum vitae and motivational letter, eventually references in Slovak language. We are thankful to all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
Brief description of the company
Center of Operations of the Slovak Academy of Sciences was established on May 1, 2018 and consists of eight organizational units including the Computing Center, Archive of the SAS, Encyclopaedic Institute of the SAS, Congress Center Academia, Congress Centre Smolenice, Administration of special purpose facilities SAS, Technical and Administrative Office for the Social Sciences Institutes in Bratislava and VEDA, Publishing House of SAS.
Center of Operations of the Slovak Academy of Sciences fulfills tasks that assist the solution of scientific research projects of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
Number of employees
Centre of Operations SAS
Dubravska cesta 9
845 35 Bratislava 45
Contact person: Ľubica Kvasňovská