Centre of Operations of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (COO SAS)
Dubravska cesta, Karlova Ves, Bratislava, Slovakia
Internship / Part-time
Full-time position (37.5 hours/week) wage may amount to 1 500 – 2 000 EUR/month gross.
Internship / Part-time position wage is in proportion to the full-time position, depending on individual working time agreement.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
We are looking for a new colleague / intern who will be a part of our hardworking and friendly team at the National Competence Center for High-Performance Computing. Our new colleague be involved in supporting clients using supercomputer / HPC technologies with a focus on the use of machine / deep learning algorithms.
This position will allow you to gain knowledge and experience in the field of HPC/AI/ML, which is a rapidly developing area facilitating digital innovation in many industrial sectors, science and public administration.
As an intern in the High-Performance Computing Department, the tasks you will assist the team with will be assigned based on your skill and experience level and may include:
- Communicating with users and an analyzing their requests.
- Proposing suitable tools for solving users’ problems.
- Implementing pilot applications.
- Providing training and users’ support.
- Flexible working hours.
- Pleasant working environment, friendly and helpful team.
- Opportunities of training and courses on the job.
- Discount on accommodation for employees from distant regions.
- Drinking regime at the office.
- SIM card.
- Business laptop / computer as required.
Candidates’ education suitable for the position:
Student (Master’s degree) / Postgraduate (Doctorate) in areas of Computer Science, Mathematics, Science (Physics, Theoretical chemistry) or related disciplines.
Required / useful skills:
- Knowledge of basic ML methods, natural language processing and advanced statistical techniques.
- Knowledge of neural networks and deep learning.
- Working with neural networks (TensorFlow, Keras).
- Working with scripting languages (Python, Bash).
- Working with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark) and (No) SQL databases.
- Knowledge of verbal and written English.
- Proactive and responsible approach to work.
- Communicativeness, consistency.
Skills can be demonstrated by work experience or output from projects (e.g. diploma thesis / dissertation), hackathons and contributions to open-source development, etc.
The candidate can demonstrate experience in the field that he / she could have acquired during his / her studies.
Information about the selection process
In an effort to strengthen the presence of female workers in the STEM areas, the COO SAS invites women to apply for this job opening. Full-time positions may in general be turned into part-time positions. Disabled people will have priority as long as equally qualified.
If you meet the requirements, send us your curriculum vitae, motivational letter and references if possible. Selected candidates will be contacted for interview.