Centre of Operations of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
Place of work
- Dubravska cesta, Karlova Ves, Bratislava
- Work from home possible on individual basis
ASAP, September 1, 2022
Wage (gross) 1500 – 2 000 EUR/month. According to Act no. 553/2003 Z.z. wage consists of two components: contractual wage based on the years of experience is 723.50 EUR + personal evaluation.
We are looking for a competent project manager to support our team and work with us on several international projects in the field of supercomputing. The job entails financial and administrative project management, coordination of tasks and work packages in collaboration with project teams, administrative departments and other project partners. Help us build a unique HPC ecosystem in Slovakia and grow with us!
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
- General project management and active support of individual project tasks/work packages.
- Administrative management.
- Financial management.
- Record keeping, preparing supporting material for project milestones and deliverables.
- Supporting the project reporting process.
- Collaboration with and support of project teams and partners (Slovak and foreign).
Our current projects:
The Slovak AI Digital Innovation Hub (SKAI-eDIH) is a nation-wide ecosystem coordinated by the Kempelen Institute of Intelligent Technologies in close collaboration with CIVITTA Slovakia, Slovak Alliance for Innovation Economy and Center of Operations of the Slovak Academy of Sciences. The project runs under the Digital Europe Programme.
Project start date: September 1, 2022
Project duration: 3 years with potential for the follow up 2 years project (as planned by European Commission)
Project outline: Through a portfolio of free services for SMEs, Industry and public sector we aim to accelerate innovation in Slovakia, specifically in the field of artificial intelligence. To this end, we promote AI tools and techniques and their use in various areas. Within the “test before invest” services portfolio we assess, advise, design, develop and implement AI based solutions. The CSČ SAV is also involved in the task related to training and skills development.
Within the EuroCC project we operate the National competence centre for HPC as a first point of contact for supercomputing services and opportunities on a national level. We support adoption of high performance computing and provide free services to SMEs, academia and public administration, including facilitation of access, collaboration on R&D projects, consulting and training.
EuroCC – ends December 31st , 2022
EuroCC 2 – January 1st , 2023 to December 31st , 2025
- Flexible working hours, home office.
- Pleasant working environment, friendly and helpful team.
- 37.5 working hours per week.
- One week of holiday over the legal limit.
- Paid sick leave over the legal limit.
- Seven days set aside per doctor’s visit per year.
- Discount on accommodation for employees from distant regions.
- Meal allowance.
- Drinking regime at the office.
- SIM card.
- Business laptop / computer as required.
Candidates’ education suitable for the position:
University education (Master’s degree) / Postgraduate (Doctorate)
- Experience with project management (such as Horizon 2020), preferably in IT sector and/or academia
- MS office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint – advanced
- English language – advanced
The position is suitable for a graduate, previous practical experience in project management will be considered an advantage.
- Proactive and responsible approach to work.
- Independence, communicativeness.
- Responsibility, attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and progress.
If you are interested in the position, send us your curriculum vitae, motivational letter and references (optional) in Slovak language. We are thankful to all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
Full-time positions may in general be turned into part-time positions. Disabled people will have priority as long as equally qualified.
E-mail: send CV